Liverpool & South West Lancashire FHS

Family History in the Hundred of West Derby
It is currently 23:15:19 Wed 18/Oct/2017

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: PATRICK DALY
PostPosted: 11:42:49 Sat 30/Sep/2017 

Member #: 3236
Patrick Daly born 1793 Tyrone Northern Ireland came to Liverpool around 1825 he was in a building business with John Holcroft that was dissolved in 1828. His mother Mary died in Liverpool in 1831 from her Will it states she had three other sons James Peter and Barnard and a sister Sarah Slane(Married name) she also mentions Sarah's two daughter's Nancy(married name Raverty) and Alice(married name McGowen). Patrick was a builder who I believe built Daly Street and Daly Place and Daly Court off Vauxall Road in Liverpool. In 1829 he is on the Voters Register in Daly Court. In 1837 he is in 1 Daly Street Voters Register. In the Autumn of 1840 Patrick Daly evicted his pregnant wife and two children out onto the street accusing her of carrying someone else's child. He was taken to Kirkdale assizes on a Bastardy Order and told to pay 10shillings and six pence. He threatened the court that he would sell up all his lands properties and business if they pursued him for the money. On the 1841 Census he is living at 2 Daly Street The Globe occupation Publican but in the summer of 1841 he sells up all his property and business as he said he would. I have never found him on any 1851 Census he seems to disappear. I did find a Patrick Daly on the 1851 Census living with two sons Anothony and Peter Patrick's occupation was Bricklayer I have no evidence that this is my Patrick. In 1842 Patrick was in court for Insolvent Debtor's in 1843 he was given a 6 months Prison Sentence for evading to give information about his property at the time of his Insolvency. He disappears until 1855 then he is in Stanley Street Liverpool as a Licence Victualler. He continues in this trade until 1857 then became Insolvent. In 1858 he is a Licencee of a beerhouse at 35 Batchelor Street here Patrick had a son Patrick Francis Daly born 1858 to Catherine Irvine or Irving I have never found a marriage for Catherine and Patrick.(Maybe because he was still married ). On the 1861 Census Patrick is age 68 born Tyrone and Catherine is 27 born Ireland.
My BRICKWALL is how can I find out what part of Tyrone Patrick came from. I have tried all avenues with his siblings James lived in Liverpool and I have traced his children I've never found Barnard or Peter. Who was his first wife? the court papers give no mention of her or the two children's names.
If there is anyone that can give me help I would be most grateful. Cheers Charlie

Post subject: Re: PATRICK DALY
PostPosted: 12:59:12 Sat 30/Sep/2017 
Site Admin

Member #: 6532
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Have you browsed this post? viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13912 scroll down the page until you come to a post with a long list of links, viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13912#p116895 the top link in this message is especially useful, there may be databases that haven't been transcribed so you may need to scroll through them to find anything.

Although I appreciate your being a member of our Society and I hope we will be able to help you anyway, my best suggestion would be to approach a local FH Society for Tyrone as they might better know what sources are available. Here are a couple you might approach.

http://www.nifhs.org/
http://cotyroneireland.com/ Lots of links and suggestions on this one.

Any census info in this post is Crown Copyright, from National Archives

PostPosted: 19:01:01 Sat 30/Sep/2017 

Hello Mary thank you for your quick response I shall look at all the websites you mentioned some I have seen before but it's always worth a second look. Cheers Charlie

PostPosted: 17:59:23 Sun 01/Oct/2017 

Member #: 8786
Presumably they were Roman Catholic. Records usually started about 1830. if you know the names of parents and children of the ones who stayed in Ireland, you will be able to search the Irish Catholic records for the appropriate years:
http://registers.nli.ie/

Searching is via parish. Co. Tyrone Parishes:
https://www.familysearch.org/wiki/en/County_Tyrone_Catholic_Parishes

The well known genealogy site and the other place have indexes of the registers that may make it easier.

PostPosted: 19:37:30 Sun 01/Oct/2017 

Member #: 8038
As said there are search facilities available for the free Irish RC records:-

Ancestry allows:

- Signed in subscribers to search, view transcripts and original images of these records.
- Signed in free users to search and view the original images of these records.

FMP allows:

- Signed in subscribers and signed in free users to search, view transcripts and original images.

Blue

NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM

PostPosted: 20:31:31 Sun 01/Oct/2017 

Thank you Luxor and Blue70 for your reply. Unfortunately I don't have any info on Patrick's family that remained in Ireland. I am a member of Ancestry and Find my Past and have searched Family Search.org without any success. I continue to search all avenues in the hope one day it will give me a break through all help is most welcome. Cheers Charlie