Liverpool & South West Lancashire FHS

Family History in the Hundred of West Derby
It is currently 03:20:13 Mon 19/Feb/2018

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20:25:23 Mon 15/Jan/2018 

Member #: 4690
David B.29/11/1917 Liverpool d. 7/11/1011 Wallasey Born Liverpool Served in Egypt,Africa, And Italy M. Elsie Bilson Looking for any Information on this soldier Please

PostPosted: 12:34:31 Tue 16/Jan/2018 

Member #: 31
George
As this man served in WW2 his record will still be held by the MoD at Glasgow, and will cost £30. I am sorry but I do not have the link for applications but Google will doubtless help.
'Lancashire Regiment' seems inadequate - there were East, South and Loyal North, and Lancs Fusiliers, but no Lancs Regiment as such. Also date of death ???
D

PostPosted: 20:18:31 Tue 16/Jan/2018 

Member #: 4690
Hi Daggers I know the info is scant and I have told my friend we need more information. the Number of Athertons in Lancashire 3.000 odd quite a lot I now think he was born in Toxteth Park. and I have told her she will have to pay £30.00 if she wants the service record I know his service No. would help before we apply and the d.o.d. is a typo. should be 2011
I think she is getting more information this week so I thought I would jump the gun and see what I could find now .But thanks for your reply